You are often at the forefront of not just maintaining productivity but also boosting employee morale and keeping your manufacturing facility in tip-top condition. But how do you get information across in a world where attention is a precious commodity? Enter Digital Signage, a robust tool that has revolutionized communication within manufacturing facilities. Let's explore why it's so potent.
Digital Signage isn't just for retail or public areas; it's a powerful tool to communicate with production employees.
Engaging employees isn't merely about announcing changes or showing schedules. It's about creating a dynamic environment that infuses productivity, awareness, and camaraderie. With the right content and design, Digital Signage has shown to:
Increase Engagement by 52%: According to studies, strategically placed digital signs increase engagement rates, enabling better communication.
Reduce Workplace Accidents: A 32% reduction in factory accidents has been reported where clear and vivid safety protocols were displayed.
Memorable: Digital Signage has a recall rate of 83%. Research shows that people retain 65% of the information presented visually even after three days.
Safety Protocols & Trainings: Display real-time safety statistics, accident counters, or training videos. Visual reminders can play a pivotal role in reinforcing safe practices and protocols.
Production Updates: Digital screens can be strategically placed to display real-time production statistics, upcoming shift changes, or machine downtime, helping the workforce to adjust and plan accordingly.
Employee Recognition: Celebrate milestones, birthdays, and achievements. It boosts morale and shows employees they are valued, which in turn increases productivity.
Feedback & Survey Dashboards: Display survey results, feedback, or suggestion boxes, making the communication process transparent and fostering a sense of belonging.
News & Updates: Announce company news, market trends, or even global events that could impact production. Keep the team informed and connected.
Emergency Alerts: In case of emergencies, quickly broadcast evacuation routes, safety alerts, or lockdown instructions.
The success of Digital Signage lies in the quality of content. It's a harmonious blend of marketing, psychology, and advertising principles:
1. Clarity is King: Before even designing the content, identify the purpose. Is it to inform, to alert, or to celebrate? Based on the purpose, the content can be tailored for maximum impact.
2. The Power of Visuals: Use high-quality images, videos, and infographics. They are more engaging and can convey complex information succinctly.
3. Use Psychology: Colors, for instance, evoke emotions. Red can indicate urgency, while green can signify safety. Use these psychological triggers effectively.
4. Consistency in Branding: Ensure that the content aligns with the company's branding guidelines – be it in terms of color, font, or messaging tone.
5. Keep It Dynamic: Content shouldn't be static. Rotate messages, introduce fresh content regularly, and make use of interactive elements if possible.
6. Simplicity Matters: Don't overcrowd the screen. Stick to the rule of 7x7 – no more than seven words per line and no more than seven lines per slide.
7. Test & Revise: Regularly gather feedback and assess the impact. Use the insights to improve the content continuously.
Digital Signage isn't merely about putting up screens with attractive visuals. It's a thoughtful strategy that encompasses understanding the manufacturing environment, the psychology of the workforce, and the advertising principles that get the message across. In your role as an EHS or HR professional, embracing Digital Signage is an innovative step towards a more engaged, safer, and productive workspace. From the floor manager to the assembly line worker, it's a method that communicates with clarity, efficiency, and empathy.
At Transmission, we transform your existing procedures and initiatives into engaging content, videos, and surveys, custom-made for your workforce. Tailored content improves engagement, understanding, and adherence to company policies and initiatives. No app, no per-employee fees, unlimited everything with no templates and nothing new to learn. Simplified access, cost-effective communication, and comprehensive coverage. Transmission’s expert team does all the work for you. Stay ahead, stay connected.